Have you seen small bugs in your bedroom? Don't be afraid, balloons are a common pest and can get into your house through a crack in your door or through a purchase.
If weevils are in your bedroom, and you want to get rid of them, stay here and read this post, we will tell you how you can do it.
What are weevils attracted to?
Weevils are a type of beetle that live inside grains and starches and feed on them.
These small beetles are also known as flour beetles, and you may notice them around dry grains such as beans, seeds, corn or rice.
If you want to know if you have weevils, you should check these products.
There are over 60.000 species of beetle, so if you want to know what type of beetle lives in your home, it is very difficult for you to know this.
The most important thing is that you don't need to know what the species of beetle are because the process to eliminate it is the same.
What do weevils look like?
Weevils are tiny, they are reddish or brown and measure about 3 mm.
How do I permanently get rid of weevils in my bedroom?
It's something rare for weevils to infest your bedroom, however this can happen because it’s possible for the weevils to live and lay their eggs inside any snacks you have eaten in your bedroom.
Here are the steps you should perform to clean your bedroom of this insect:
- Clean your room, remove any food that nourishes the weevils.
- Remove food debris from your room and thoroughly vacuum the space.
- Don’t eat any food in your room, this is the best thing you can do.
- Check your kitchen and if you see weevils, eliminate them.
- Check packaged foods and remove them if they have weevils (throw them in the garbage).
- Put the infected items in a bag and take them out of your house, this way you will avoid their return.
- Use your vacuum cleaner and clean your closets with hot soapy water, vinegar and water solution or a bleach and water solution to remove any crumbs.
- Use pesticides, in the market you can find pesticides specially manufactured to eliminate weevils. You just have to be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions that you can observe on the product.
- You can use diatomaceous earth traps, which help kill weevils: Sprinkle it around your kitchen cabinets, bedroom carpet and other places where you have seen weevils. Diatomaceous earth is safe for children and pets.
- Glue traps. If you don't want to have chemicals in your home, you can use glue traps, this is a good idea to remove weevils.
What can I do to stop the weevils from coming back to my bedroom?
If the weevils left your kitchen and your room, surely you will not want them to return again.
In this case, the first thing you should do is inspect each food before it spreads to other dry food products.
Take a good look at packaged foods before putting them in the cupboard. Weevils are harmless, they can’t to bite to a human or an animal.
Should you eat a weevil should you eat a weevil, don’t be afraid: they won't hurt you.
You only need to have time to dedicate yourself to cleaning your bedroom properly and your kitchen.
This way you will have your free Home of weevils. If you have any question, you have to search a specialist, and if this post was good for you, don’t remember to share it!