Children are generally attracted to various objects, but especially to those that are brightly shiny and colorful.
It’s possible that you find yourself in this situation, and you need to know how to get highlighter out of your carpet.
However, you don't have to worry, we want to help you, and we are going to tell you how to do it, you only have to continue reading this post.
What supplies do I need to remove highlighter from my carpet?
To remove highlighter from the carpet you need liquid dish soap, white vinegar and cold water.
How do I remove the highlighter from my carpet
To remove the factory highlighter from your carpet, you must follow a few simple steps, just do this:
- Mix one tablespoon of each ingredient in two cups of cold water.
- Then wet a lint-free cloth with this mixture and start dabbing at the stain.
- This will free up a good portion of the water in the carpet, so the stain will get into the cloth.
- You should not soak the surrounding area as this may cause the dye to seep through.
- Repeat this step several times for about 10 minutes, then blot the area with a dry, lint-free white cloth.
- Turn the bath often to prevent the dye from getting back into your carpet, now it's time to clean the soap out.
- Rinse the damp cloth and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Then wipe the area to remove the soap residue and squeeze out the excess water.
- Take another dry cloth and pat the area until the excess water is absorbed into your carpet.
If you are unable to remove the stain this way, you can use rubbing alcohol.
But first you should do a small test on an inconspicuous area as the alcohol may stain your carpet.
If the test proved to be safe, you can do this:
- Pour in paper towel, a small amount of alcohol to clean the ink.
- But if the stain is very large and very full, you can rub the alcohol on it directly (with the paper towel).
- After rubbing with the solution, rub with moderate pressure on the carpet.
- Just watch frequently to see if the dye is coming out.
- In this case it’s time to continue the procedure with several paper towels so that the ink does not penetrate again in your carpet.
- Wash the area and in a bowl mix a few drops of dish liquid soap in two cups of cold water.
- Then wet a white lint-free cloth with the solution and rub the Stain.
- To get a better result, make sure the stain is fresh.
- As soon as you notice that there is a marker stain on your carpet, go find some paper towels and blot the area before the dries completely.
- In addition, you should have another damp paper towel, which allows you to alternate between dry paper towel and damp paper towel to get as much of the contents of your carpet removed as possible.
- You can also a fan to make the drying process even faster.
- If you do this, the highlighter ink should be removed all or almost all.
- Once the ink is dry you should do this as it is possible to remove up to 40% of the ink before it dries.
Do you need more help?
We hope we have helped you solve this problem, but if you need more help you should request the service of a specialized company.
If you liked this post, share it with family and friends!