Need to know how you can clean bird poop from your concrete surface? Don't worry, we'll tell you how to do it, read on.
Birds sometimes poop on the concrete surface leaving a stain composed of their droppings and food.
The stain permeates the porous surface of the concrete and the berries, nuts and seeds cause it to form.
If you decide to remove the stain from the surface and remove it from the concrete, you can successfully clean it and return it to its unstained state.
There are techniques and cleaning supplies that accomplish this task on concrete without causing damage.
- Clean the concrete with a hose to remove bird droppings from the surface.
- Place some liquid detergent on the area of the bird poop stain until the area is covered. Use a natural bristle brush to get the detergent into the concrete to help loosen and remove the stain.
- Cover the soapy stain with sawdust and allow it to absorb the soap and water. Let the sawdust absorb the soap and water for about 20 minutes, then sweep with a broom and dustpan.
- Mix one tablespoon of 12% hydrogen peroxide and 3 drops of ammonia to treat remaining stains and discoloration left by bird droppings.
- Pour the above solution over the remaining Stain then scrub the concrete with the brush and let it sit for several minutes.
- Now absorb the peroxide and ammonia with sawdust. Sweep up the sawdust when it is completely dry.
Did you like this post? Share it with your family and friends!